Become a Volunteer
S.A.F.E. House is committed to Stopping Abuse in the Family Environment by providing shelter, counseling, advocacy, community education, and outreach. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
Located at the Shelter:
- Residential Advocate Assistant: Assist with Hotline crisis calls, preliminary in-take of new clients, general shelter upkeep, shopping, sorting and storing donations, and interacting with shelter clientele.
- Shelter Activity Volunteer: Assist with shelter special events, dinners and holiday parties.
- Maintenance Volunteer: Perform general maintenance within the shelter facility.
- Landscape Volunteer: Help us maintain the outside of S.A.F.E. House property. Includes watering, making sure the sprinklers are working, hedge trimming, clean up and weed maintenance.
- Children’s Program Assistant: Assist in the Children’s Advocate in providing nurturing recreational and educational projects and activities to children residing in the shelter.
- After School Tutor: Assist the Children’s Advocate with providing after school tutoring.
Located at the administrative office and Criminal and Civil Courts:
- Court Accompaniment Advocate: Accompany clients in court on general proceedings. Legal proceedings can include temporary protective orders, child custody, divorce, and criminal cases.
- Mediation Accompaniment Advocate: Accompany clients in mediation sessions.
- Court Monitor: Observe Judges in Criminal and Protective Order Court to observe consistency.
- Resource Advocate: Assists with locating, organizing, and updating community resources. Assist with community projects related to transitional advocacy.
Located at the administrative office and at various community venues:
- Outreach Volunteer: Assists the Outreach and Education Coordinator. Volunteers at various awareness events, such as providing information from a booth at community health fairs. May also include speaking about S.A.F.E. House services to community partners or other groups.
- Marketing Materials Distributor: Distributes S.A.F.E. House flyers and print materials to businesses around the Las Vegas, Henderson, and Boulder City.
- Social Media Assistant: Works closely with the Outreach and Education Coordinator to create engaging content for S.A.F.E. House’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand–focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
- Speaker’s Bureau: For survivors of domestic violence; motivational speaking at events about their experience with domestic violence. OR speakers that are interested in speaking to the community about S.A.F.E. House.
Located at the administrative office or volunteering remotely:
- Receptionist: Responds to phone inquiries or walk-in visitors, collects and processes in-kind donations, and assists with general administrative functions.
- Special Event Volunteer: Assists with fundraising events, including serving on organizing committees, soliciting silent auction donations, and volunteering at the events.
- Safety Committee Volunteer: Serve on the agency safety committee, which includes attending quarterly Safety Committee meetings, developing strategies to increase safety,
and updating policies and procedures related to health and safety.
- Graphic Designer: Creates electronic and paper marketing materials.
- Information Technology Specialist: Troubleshoots problems and helps develop automated approaches to manual systems.
- Website Maintenance Assistant: Updates website and develops new content and graphics.
- Bookkeeping Assistant: Assists with creating/maintaining grant files, preparing bank deposits and monthly reports. Uses Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Warehouse Volunteer: Sorts and distributes in-kind donations according to donation policies.
- Volunteer Coordination: Assists with volunteer coordination, such as answering the volunteer coordinator emails, communicating with future and current volunteers, recording statistical data, and assisting with volunteer training.