S.A.F.E. House Wish List
Below is a “wish list” of items that we need on a regular basis.
We appreciate your support of SAFE House, and will utilize any and all donated items.
Please call us with any questions at 702-451-4203, we are always happy to assist.
We can use anything from clothing to electronics to household goods and everything in between.
We respectfully request donations be new or unused when possible.
Gently Used items in good or working condition are gratefully accepted.
Please note we cannot accept used or opened personal hygiene or food items.
MOST NEEDED – Everyday Needs
- Gift cards (WalMart, Gas Cards, Food 4 Less, Smiths, Target, etc.)
- CAT bus passes
- Diapers and Pull-ups (all sizes)
- Baby wipes
- Liquid bleach and liquid laundry detergent (for “HE” washing machines)
- Dryer sheets (hypoallergenic, non-scented)
- Trash bags (33 gallon)
- Paper goods (napkins, paper towels, facial tissues, toilet paper)
- Baby food and formula
- Individually wrapped snacks (Granola bars, pudding cups, etc.)
- Non-perishable Goods: Canned / Packaged (Peanut Butter, Rice, Pasta, Crackers, Soup, Vegetables, Fruit, Water, etc.)
Personal Hygiene Products (Regular size, not travel sized)
- Feminine products
- Hair care (shampoo, conditioner, styling, etc.)
- Baby soaps and shampoos
- Adult body wash/soap
- Hand wipes/sanitizer
- Toothpaste / Toothbrush
- Body lotion
- Women’s career/work clothes and shoes (various sizes)
- Costume jewelry
Everyday clothing for women
- Children’s clothes and shoes (various sizes for boys and girls, especially ages 5-12)
- Ladies under garments and hosiery (various sizes, new or unused)
- Socks (various sizes for adults and children)
- Pajamas (various sizes for adults and children)
- Coats and Sweaters (various weather conditions, various sizes for adult and children)
Medical Supplies (New or Unopened)
- Aspirin, Tylenol, Cough medicines (Adult and Children)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Ointments, Band-Aids
- Lice shampoo, lice spray
- Household goods
- Kitchen appliances (new or gently used)
- Household and kitchen cleaning supplies (new or unopened)
- Twin bed sheets, blankets (new or gently used)
- Bath and hand towels, wash cloths (new)
- Décor (pictures, artificial plants, etc.)
- Furniture (tables, desks, chairs, etc.)
- Electronics (TVs, desktops, laptops, tablets, radios, phones, etc.)
- Personal hygiene products (regular size, not Travel sized; New or Unopened)
- Facial moisturizers
- Cosmetics and make-up
- Nail care kits
- Children’s school supplies (backpacks, notebooks, pens/pencils, etc.)
- Children’s movies – G & PG
- Children’s story books
- Children’s paint sets, crayons, pens and coloring books
- Dolls or Toy figurines
- Hand puppets
- Play dough
- Toy cars and vehicles (fire engines, police cars, trucks, airplanes, boats, etc.)
Are you curious about what happens to your in kind donations to S.A.F.E. House?
This is how we handle donations to ensure we can best meet the needs of our clients:
1. The shelter and office staff create ongoing lists of the needs of their clients, which may include clothing, food, hygiene products, and/or household items.
2. Dedicated and trained volunteers sort all donations that we receive.
3. Items on the above lists are set aside to be given to clients.
4. Items that can be used all the time in the shelter, such as detergent and linens, are stored until needed.
5. A supply of regularly requested items are kept in stock at both the office and shelter, such as hygiene products, diapers, and basic clothing. They are dispersed to clients as they are requested.
6. Business clothing and nice jewelry are kept in a “boutique” at the shelter location, where clients can “shop” for free before an interview or court hearing.
7. Any items left over after sorting that absolutely cannot be used by S.A.F.E. House clients, are forwarded to either The Giving Store or Goodwill.
8. In return, The Giving Store allows our clients to shop for free at any time. We also get a portion of this company’s sales. Goodwill provides us gift cards in return that we can then give to the clients. These are very useful partnerships because we can help the clients get items that we may not have in stock, such as different size clothing or household furniture.
9. If you have any questions regarding our donation procedures, feel free to ask a S.A.F.E. House employee.
We would not be able to provide for our clients without your charitable donations.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Internet Safety Alert
Your abuser can monitor the use of your computer and the Internet. Learn how to protect yourself.